NEWS: My proposals for a new sculpture for Derby recently went to public consultation, and took second place in this national open competition.
NEWS: Pecha Kucha is a presentation format which originated in Japan and now runs worlwide. They were kind enough to highlight my talk on The Future of Building as their presentation of the week.
NEWS: Private Commisions Now Available
Over the last few weeks I’ve been taking my work to a few art fairs. It’s been great to meet so many people, and lots of you have had great ideas for commisions based on the ‘Your Words: Your Pictures’ series that builds up portraits from letters and words personal to the person in the portrait. It’s flexible and unique, and I’m now taking open commissions.
All you need to provide is a photo to work from (I can work from any size of image, from a passport to a magazine cover). If you have an idea I can help you develop it into a final portrait, or I can suggest possibilities to help your find the right design. I can produce work at any size, from A5 birthday cards to hoarding size prints, all to your bespoke requirements.
If we’ve spoken already, or if you’re new to the site, please do contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’d be happy to discuss the creation of a unique piece of work for a gift, cellebration or anniversary.
Previous work has included:
– Musicians’ portraits, made up of lyrics or songs, for fans of a particular singer or band.
– Wedding portraits, made up of guests’ names, or the couples’ names and wedding date.
– Grandparents’ portraits made of the names of children and grandchildren.
– The possibilities are limitless, all I need to get started is a photo!
– Coverage: Spaghetti Gazetti
– Coverage: Bullring
– Coverage: Birmingham Mail
– Coverage: Style Birmingham
NEWS: ‘Future of Building?’ goes live in Birmingham.
– Coverage: The Institution of Structural Engineers
– Coverage: Birmingham City Council